FAQ: What Country Has More Livestock Than Any Other?
- 1 Is the largest republic of Central Asia?
- 2 What country contains the densely populated Fergana Valley?
- 3 What island provide refuge for the Chinese Nationalists?
- 4 Why is Argentina called the Granary of Europe?
- 5 Which region is known as the Granary of India?
- 6 Which language is widely spoken in Central Asia?
- 7 What is the main religion in Central Asia?
- 8 What is the best Stan country?
- 9 What is the capital of Uzbekistan?
- 10 What three countries share the Fergana Valley?
- 11 Which side did the US support and why?
- 12 Who was the leader of the Communists in China?
Is the largest republic of Central Asia?
It is bounded on the northwest and north by Russia, on the east by China, and on the south by Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, the Aral Sea, and Turkmenistan; the Caspian Sea bounds Kazakhstan to the southwest. Kazakhstan is the largest country in Central Asia and the ninth largest in the world.
What country contains the densely populated Fergana Valley?
Fergana Valley, near the city of Fergana, Uzbekistan.
What island provide refuge for the Chinese Nationalists?
Taiwan was taken over by Chinese Nationalists in 1945 and became the refuge for and a bastion of the Nationalist Party (Kuomintang) after 1949.
Why is Argentina called the Granary of Europe?
Argentina is very rich in natural resources, including fresh water, minerals and hydrocarbons. Known as the “granary of the world,” our country is one of the world’s largest food producers, growing enough to feed more 400 million people a year. The literacy rate among Argentines is nearly 100%.
Which region is known as the Granary of India?
Punjab ka located in the north west of India. It is one of the most prosperous states of India, and is often referred to as the ‘Granary of India. ‘ This was because of the huge production of food crops that comes from it.
Which language is widely spoken in Central Asia?
The long presence of Russian influence has led its language to become and continue to be the lingua franca of Central Asia and is consequently the main common language of trade, diplomacy and literature across the region.
What is the main religion in Central Asia?
Islam has been the dominant religion in Central Asia for nearly 1,300 years.
What is the best Stan country?
We’ve compiled a list of what each country has to offer to help you plan your next trip.
- Best for Culture Vultures: Uzbekistan.
- Best for Getting to Know the Locals: Kyrgyzstan.
- Best for Scenic Hikes: Tajikistan.
- Best for Bragging Rights: Turkmenistan.
- Best for Modern Architecture: Kazakhstan.
What is the capital of Uzbekistan?
Tashkent, Uzbek Toshkent, capital of Uzbekistan and the largest city in Central Asia. Tashkent lies in the northeastern part of the country.
The Fergana Valley’s population consists mainly of Uzbeks, Kyrgyz and Tajiks. Correspondingly, the valley is split among Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. However, each of the three countries in the Fergana Valley contains significant minorities of the other two ethnic groups.
Which side did the US support and why?
The U.S. supported South Korea for the same reasons it supported Nationalist China: the Truman Doctrine, containment and America’s intense fear of communists. What did the U.S. do to affect the outcome of the war?
Who was the leader of the Communists in China?
On October 1, 1949, Chinese Communist leader Mao Zedong declared the creation of the People’s Republic of China (PRC).