Quick Answer: Which Of The Following Is Currently Used To Increase Livestock Yields?
- 1 How do you increase yield in organic farming?
- 2 What can be done to increase food production?
- 3 Which of the following is a part of sustainable agriculture?
- 4 How will you make your farm more sustainable?
- 5 What are the 3 methods to get high yield?
- 6 Why yield is low in organic farming?
- 7 What are the three options to increase food production?
- 8 Why is it important to increase food production?
- 9 Why do we need to improve food production?
- 10 What is the main goal of sustainable food production?
- 11 What are two examples of sustainable resources?
- 12 What is meant by sustainable agriculture class 9?
- 13 What are the benefits of sustainable farming?
- 14 What is the future for sustainable agriculture?
- 15 Why agriculture is not sustainable?
How do you increase yield in organic farming?
To keep good soil structure and fertility;
- Recycled and composted crop wastes & animal manures.
- The accurate soil cultivation at the right time.
- Crop rotation.
- Green manures and legumes.
- Mulching on the soil surface.
What can be done to increase food production?
Strategies to increase food supply
- Irrigation. Irrigation can double the amount of food produced.
- Aeroponics and hydroponics. Aeroponics and hydroponics are systems that allow plants to be grown without soil.
- The New Green Revolution. The Green Revolution first began in the 1940s.
- Biotechnology and appropriate technology.
Which of the following is a part of sustainable agriculture?
The main components of both sustainable farming and conventional farming are exactly the same: soil management, crop management, water management, disease/pest management and waste management.
How will you make your farm more sustainable?
Sustainable agriculture practices
- Rotating crops and embracing diversity.
- Planting cover crops.
- Reducing or eliminating tillage.
- Applying integrated pest management (IPM).
- Integrating livestock and crops.
- Adopting agroforestry practices.
- Managing whole systems and landscapes.
What are the 3 methods to get high yield?
The three methods to increase the yield of crops are:
- Using high yielding variety seeds.
- Use of modern irrigation methods so as to obtain more amount of water.
- Crop rotation so as to increase the fertility of the soil.
Why yield is low in organic farming?
Over all crops corrected for cropping area, organic yields were 35% lower. One of the main reasons identified as to why organic yields are lower is lower nutrient supply (e.g. Berry et al., 2002; Kirchmann et al., 2007).
What are the three options to increase food production?
Biological principles as applied to animal husbandry and plant breeding have a major role in our efforts to increase food production. Several new techniques like embryo transfer technology and tissue culture techniques are going to play a pivotal role in further enhancing food production.
Why is it important to increase food production?
To produce food, we must use large quantities of energy, in addition, on an ever-increasing scale. The reason that the need for energy is increasing is that more and more people move to the city and that the population is growing. Today, more than 50% of the world’s population lives in cities.
Why do we need to improve food production?
1) To improve the quality and nutritional value of food. 2) To increase the yield of crops. 3) To make the food products and crops free from diseases and pests. 4) To reduces the cost of the food products and increase their availability.
What is the main goal of sustainable food production?
In sustainable agriculture, the goal is to reduce the input of external energy and to substitute non-renewable energy sources with renewable sources (e.g., solar and wind power, biofuels from agricultural waste, or, where economically feasible, animal or human labor).
What are two examples of sustainable resources?
5 Examples of Sustainable Development
- Wind Energy.
- Solar Energy.
- Crop Rotation.
- Water efficient fixtures.
- Green Spaces.
What is meant by sustainable agriculture class 9?
Sustainable agriculture may be defined as the practice of farming and production of maximum agricultural yield or meet the needs of present generation without endangering the resource base of future generation.
What are the benefits of sustainable farming?
The Benefits Of Sustainable Agriculture For Farmers
- More biodiversity in soil.
- Reduces certain production costs.
- Sustaining the agri-food system long-term.
- Promotes equality for workers.
- Environmental benefits.
- You can save on your insurance.
What is the future for sustainable agriculture?
Sustainable agriculture has a bright future for investors as it could quickly become the top industry to feed the world. By 2050, it is estimated that this world will contain nearly 10 billion people — that’s over two billion more people than the population today and over two billion more mouths to feed.
Why agriculture is not sustainable?
Leading among the causes of unsustainable agriculture are inadequate or inappropriate policies which include pricing, subsidy and tax policies which have encouraged the excessive, and often uneconomic, use of inputs such as fertilizers and pesticides, and the overexploitation of land.